(Some obvious trends (to me anyways) I am saving the future Top 10 of the next ten years list coming out in about an hour)
1. Net and Digital Artists.
2. A return to the popularity of figurative work.
3. The attempted murder of ceramics and printmaking.
4. Hordes of photographers making art.
5. Design programs as the economic engine of art colleges.
6. Studio artists attempting to “learn HTML” in an unprecedented self-marketing movement rooted in technology.
7. Animation = video games industry.
8. Intellectual Property and Copyright bru-ha-ha and general absurdity.
9. Inter-disciplinary approach as standard rather than specialty.
10. Flash mobs in social, political and professional cultural circumstances.